By default the bootloader of every smartphone is locked by the manufacturer company but you can unlock it and do crazy things. Xiaomi devices also have locked bootloader by default. Here we have Mi bootloader unlock guide for you guys.
So in this post, we are going to discuss how to unlock bootloader in Xiaomi devices.
Before going to the main thread we should know what is the bootloader in Android mobile and how does it works.
Mi bootloader unlock
What is bootloader and how it works
Bootloader is the first program which starts when you power on your device and load the right operating system in Android mobile. Bootloader can be found in Android mobile, computer as well as other devices having operating system.
Smartphone companies lock bootloader in their devices so that only installed operating system can be used in their device. As locked bootloader doesn’t allow to install custom ROM, root mobile and install TWRP custom recovery.
What can you do after unlocking bootloader
You can do crazy things with your device after unlocking bootloader, which are as follows:
- You can flash TWRP or custom recovery in your mobile.
- You can root your Android mobile.
- You can install custom ROM.
- You can flash unofficial stock ROM.
- You can flash your device and change IMEI number.
- You can also edit BuildProp.
How to check Xiaomi mobile bootloader status
You can check your mobile bootloader status after enabling developer mode. So first of all you need to enable the developer mode in your Xiaomi moible.
Enable developer mode
- Go to system settings.
- Click on About phone.
- Click 7 times on MIUI version.
- You will get a small notification saying you are a developer now.
Go to developer mode
- Go to additional settings in system settings.
- Scroll down and click on Developer option.
- Click on Mi Unlock status.
After installing adb drivers in your computer and connecting with your Mi mobile you can also check bootloader status by typing “fastboot oem device-info” in cmd prompt.
Unlock bootloader in Xiaomi mobile with Mi unlock tool
First of all take a complete backup of your mobile data as unlocking bootloader process will delete your mobile data. Your internal storage, contacts, SMS, mobile settings and photos, videos will be deleted. You can also check how to backup and restore Xiaomi mobile data.
Enable USB debugging & OEM unlock
Now you need to enable USB debugging and OEM unlock in developer mode in your Xiaomi mobile.
- CLICK HERE to Download the Mi Unlock app to PC.
- Extract the zip file in your PC and open the application named “miflash_unlock.exe”
- Now sign in with your Mi Account;
- Switch off your Mi mobile and enter in Fastboot mode by holding Volume down key and Power button together.
- Connect your phone to PC using USB cable and click Unlock.
- Now click on Unlock anyway two times.
- Your Mi mobile bootloader has unlocked.
- You have all done. Enjoy!
Connect your Mi mobile with your PC using USB cable. Unzip the Mi unlock tool and open miflash_unlock.exe file in Mi unlock tool folder.
Login to Mi account with Mi unlock tool in your PC.
You Mi phone is now connected with Mi unlock tool via USB cable. So click on Unlock to start the bootloader unlocking process in your Xiaomi mobile.
Now you have a warning saying unlocking bootloader process will delete your all data so make sure to backup your Mi mobile because once your click on Unlock anyway all of your data saved in your Mi mobile will be deleted and it can’t be recovered.
And click on Unlock anyway to start the unlocking process.
Your Xiaomi mobile bootloader has successfully unlocked.
Mi Unlock tool
More Related Post