Updating your Android mobile to the latest version is very essential as every Android update brings latest Android security patches, bugs fixes and new added features. So in this article, we have discussed how to update MiUI manually in any Mi mobile to the latest version.
How Update is useful for Mi mobile
Updating Xiaomi Redmi mobile is very useful because of the following features:
- Every new update brings Android security patches to Mi mobile.
- Every update brings bugs fixes, system and apps stability improvements.
- New updates brings newly introduced features to the mobile.
- New update brings User Interface changes for good user experience.
- Sometimes new useful apps are also added with latest Android updates.
- Some updates also brings camera, battery and speed improvements.
There are two popular and easiest ways to update any MiUI device to the latest & official MiUI version which are as follows:
Update MiUI manually using system update
- Go to System settings >> About phone >> System update.
- Here click on MiUI Logo 10 times to activate the additional update features.
- Click on three dots on upper right corner of the screen to access the more update options.
- Click on Choose Update Package and select the Update Zip file where you have downloaded your update firmware.
- Wait for the Update Zip file to be decrypted.
- Now click on the Reboot and Update option.
- This process will take some time (about 10 min).
- Now you updated your Mi mobile to the latest version.
Update MiUI manually using stock recovery
You can also update your Mi mobile to latest version of the MiUI available for your device by using recovery method. So follow the simple steps to update MiUI manually to the latest version:
- Download the latest version of MiUI available for your Mi mobile from Mi Global ROM page on Mi community.
- Rename downloaded firmware zip file to the update.zip and move it to the internal storage of Mi mobile in base directory.
- Now boot your Mi mobile in recovery mode.
- Switch off your mobile and then press and hold power button with volume up button together to boot in recovery mode.
- Scroll to the install update.zip file option using volume buttons and select the options using power button if touchscreen doesn’t work here.
- Now wait for the update to install.
- Reboot your device if your Mi mobile doesn’t on automatically.
- You have all done. Enjoy the updated version of MiUI in your Mi device!
More Related Posts